What is the Nikon D3200 Crop Factor?
The Nikon D3200 has a 1.5x crop factor. Knowing the crop factor will be helpful for understanding the angle of view a lens will have.
APS-C sensors cover a smaller area than full frame sensors. They are also referred to as “crop sensors” because the smaller area is the same as if it was “cropped” from a larger area.
To get the same images from a APS-C sensor paired with a 50mm lens, a 75mm lens would have to be used on a camera with a full frame sensor.
Nikon D3200 Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the Nikon D3200 Have Wireless?
- Does the Nikon D3200 Shoot Video?
- Does the Nikon D3200 Have a Mic Input Jack?
- Is the Nikon D3200 Full Frame?
- Does the Nikon D3200 Have Image Stabilization?
- Does the Nikon D3200 Have GPS?
- Is the Nikon D3200 Weather Sealed?
- Can the Nikon D3200 Be Used as a Webcam?
- What is the Nikon D3200 Crop Factor?
- Nikon D3200 Upgrade Options?