Yes, the Nikon D3100 can shoot video.
The Nikon D3100 can shoot at the following video resolutions:
- 1920 x 1080 (24 fps)
- 1280 x 720 (30, 25, 24 fps)
- 640 x 424 (24 fps)
Video files are encoded using the MPEG-4 codec.
Does the Nikon D3100 Record Video with Audio?
SD Card Storage Requirements
Recording HD video with the Nikon D3100 can quickly use up SD card storage space. If you need a new SD memory card, take a look at the best Nikon D3100 SD cards.
Nikon D3100 Video Lenses
It can be difficult to shoot video indoors with the 18-55mm kit lens that came with the Nikon D3100. This is because the maximum lens aperture is small and indoors often means taking pictures in low light conditions.
A faster lens with a wider maximum aperture produce higher quality HD video recordings in low light. To get a lens that will be perfect for your photography needs, the best Nikon D3100 lenses.
Nikon D3100 Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the Nikon D3100 Have Wireless?
- Does the Nikon D3100 Shoot Video?
- Does the Nikon D3100 Have a Mic Input Jack?
- Is the Nikon D3100 Full Frame?
- Does the Nikon D3100 Have Image Stabilization?
- Does the Nikon D3100 Have GPS?
- Is the Nikon D3100 Weather Sealed?
- Can the Nikon D3100 Be Used as a Webcam?
- What is the Nikon D3100 Crop Factor?
- Nikon D3100 Upgrade Options?