What is the Nikon D3100 Crop Factor?
The Nikon D3100 has a 1.5x crop factor.
Crop factor is helpful for determining the angle of view an image will be captured with. APS-C sensors cover a smaller area than full frame sensors. That smaller area is the same as if it was “cropped” from a larger image.
To get the same images from a APS-C sensor paired with a 50mm lens, a 75mm lens would have to be used on a camera with a full frame sensor.
Nikon D3100 Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the Nikon D3100 Have Wireless?
- Does the Nikon D3100 Shoot Video?
- Does the Nikon D3100 Have a Mic Input Jack?
- Does the Nikon D3100 Have Image Stabilization?
- Does the Nikon D3100 Have GPS?
- Can the Nikon D3100 Be Used as a Webcam?
- What is the Nikon D3100 Crop Factor?
- Nikon D3100 Upgrade Options?