The Best Memory Cards for the Sony A330
The A330 has a single card slot that can use SD cards. The A330 can work with SD memory cards up to 32GB in storage capacity.
Trying to use an SD card that is 64GB or larger will cause the A330 to display an error code. You will have to get more cards if you need increased storage space. The transfer speeds of memory cards are the most important specifications to care about.
Sony PRO Duo and PRO-HG Duo cards can also be used in the camera. They are limited to a maximum capacity of 16GB. PRO Duo and PRO-HG Duo memory cards are no recommended as they are discontinued and expensive to buy.
If your A330 will be getting used often. At this time, a UHS-I SD memory card and compatible memory card reader are the fastest way to move files.
Getting a high quality memory card also helps to future proof the SD card for use in another camera or device. To prevent winding up with a camera upgrade requiring you to purchase a replacement SD card that can write data fast enough for shooting 4k video.
Now is also a perfect time to be certain the lens or lenses you own are a good match for the type of photography you want to do. Take a look at the best lenses for the A330.The SDHC format was announced in 2006. All 32GB cards that are currently being produced will have almost identical performance. You cannot go wrong buying the cheapest class 10 name brand card. At the time of writing this, the PNY Elite 32GB SD memory card has the best price.
Since the introduction of the A330, memory card prices have gone down and storage capacities have become substantially larger. The price difference between the the SD card that has the fastest transfer rate and a cheap option is astonishingly little. The price is related to storage, with the larger cards costing more.
Purchasing the cards with the largest capacity is worth it if you’re going to shoot a large quantity of RAW files for action, events, wildlife, or sports photography. Another consideration could be if you intend to upgrade your camera or use the SD memory card in other devices.
The SanDisk Extreme Pro line of sd cards are generally the best option for most cameras. They are very fast cards which gives them the best prospect of being compatible with future digital cameras or devices that use SD memory cards.
I have also had excellent experiences with Lexar Professional and PNY Elite Performance cards. I have not had files or pictures become corrupted or lost on these cards. If that did occur, all of the manufacturers provide image recovery software.
When I have encountered issues it has been with generic SD cards. Having a low price or being a bundled item are the selling points. However, this is also the most common version of SD card to be advertised incorrectly.
A sticker that says Class 10 speed is effortless to put on a Class 4 SD card. When the camera image processor starts writing data there is bound to be an error message or unreadable photos if the card’s write speed isn’t good enough.
Storage size controls a big part of the price. You’ll be better off by going one step down in capacity to lower cost instead of going with a relabeled brand. Read and write speeds are important factors that will impact your satisfaction with the A330.
- Sequential read speed of up to 100MB/s
- Class 10, U1 rating delivers speed and performance for full HD photography and HD videography.
- V10 video speed rating to capture uninterrupted HD video at 1920x1080 format
- Compatible with point & shoot cameras, DSLR cameras, standard & advanced HD-enabled video cameras, and more
- Reliable & Durable: Magnet Proof, Shock Proof, Temperature Proof, Waterproof
- Quick transfer read speeds up to 90MB/s.
- Write speeds are not capable of recording 4k video.
- Class 10 rating for Full HD video (1080p).
- Waterproof, temperature proof, X-ray Proof, magnet-Proof, and shockproof.
- UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) supports Full HD video and burst shots. 130MB/s transfer speeds1 let you upload footage to your PC in an instant.
- Built to survive tough conditions and heavy usage, whether you’re at home, outside, or on the go. Backed by 10-year limited warranty.
- Highly durable with comprehensive 7-proof protection.
- Backed by a 10 year warranty.
The UGreen 4-in-1 memory card reader can read four memory card formats. These cover all card types camera manufacturers make use of in all but their latest professional-level cameras.
The UGREEN reader connects over USB 3.0. Transfer speeds over USB 3.0 will have faster transfer rates than what the A330 can reach in USB transfer mode.
There are lots of positive customer reviews for the reader, which I agree with. I think it’s a good product because it has been recognized by all the computers (Windows, Mac, and Linux) I have tried it with.
The cable keeps card slots from being blocked by other accessories or devices that are plugged in.
When I searched for a card reader that would be used while traveling, I had to go through the return process with several orders. I experienced the most frequently found problem mentioned in customer reviews, the memory card readers were not recognized by my computer.
The UGREEN reader supports the memory card types below:
- CompactFlash Cards
- SD, SDHC, & SDXC Cards (UHS-I supported)
- Memory Stick (MS), MS Pro, MS PRO-HG, & MS XC DUO
- MicroSD, Micro SDHC, & Micro SDXC Cards